We are delighted to have been appointed to assist with the English Heritage Phase 6 repairs to the central section of the west elevation, the second floor and roof level repairs. Listed Grade II* the house has been the home of the Bulwer-Lytton Cobbold family and their ancestors since 1490. The original courtyard building was significantly reduced in size in 1811 and then in around 1842 by the new heir, Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton commissioned a new campaign of remodelling, this time creating an extraordinary manifestation of fantasy Gothic Revival with Roman Cement render and extensive decoration and moulded elements around the building.
We worked on the Phase 5 repairs from 1999 onwards and thus know the building and its problems well. We are pleased to be working with the Client, Mervyn Cable from Agellus Projects, and Matthew Seaborn from Donald Insall Associates in Cambridge.