The Grade II Listed building was designed in 1891 by Frank Matcham, renowned Victorian theatre architect, and was originally called “The Opera House”.
The Morton Partnership was appointed for the major refurbishment of the theatre which was partially funded by a Heritage Lottery Fund grant. As the Structural Engineers for the refurbishment and reordering, our structural design included the insertion of a new sound studio and control room, and reordering of the Royal boxes, bringing them back into use. Structural works also included the design of a new spiral staircase linking the foyer to the new bar and the formation of new openings as part of the reordering.
Client: Everyman Theatre
Architect: Foster Wilson Architects